Jim Carry is one of the best comedy actors in the world. He was the best in his profession, and no one else could even come close to his style of acting. Jim is known for acting with his whole body and has the ability to make his viewers go crazy for him. If you want to know more about this iconic comedian, continue reading to find about his personal life and other fun facts.
Early life and career:
Jim Eugene Carry was born in Ontario, Canada on January 17, 1962. He established himself as a comedian in a Canadian comedy series. He was very much interested in making impressions, and he began making faces in front of the mirror and figured out that he has a talent for doing impressions. In the year 1978, he left school and wanted to support his family. He went to be a janitor in a local factory and finally made his debut as a professional stand-up comedian in the year 1979, and he was only 15 years old at that time.
Jim wrote most of his material for his shows and was quite famous for his high energy level and brilliant improvisation. He was also extremely good in mimic, and it is known that he boasted more than 100 characterisations.
When he was 19 years old, he moved on to Hollywood, and he started to act in films. He first acted in Finders Keepers and then went on to act in another movie named Once Bitten the following year. He went on to act in several other movies, and his movies Ace Ventura: The Pet Detective, Dumb and Dumber and The Mask were continuous hits, and he had captured the hearts of many people by then.
Jim Carry has a daughter named Jane from his marriage to Mellissa Womer to whom he was divorced in the year 1995. He was later married to his co-star in Dumb and Dumber Lauren Holly for a short while, and then he was in a relationship with Renee Zellweger.
- Jim Carry was a Canadian, but he became the citizen of the USA in 2004.
- Ever since he was little, he knew that he wanted to be a comedian and he even sent out his resume to The Carol Burnett Show.
- He is the only actor to play two of the meanest Christmas villains- the Grinch and Scrooge.
- Jim used to write letters to Tupac Shakur when he was in prison just to make him smile.
- He was one of the first actors to receive a $20 million dollar check for the Cable Guy.
- One time, Jim wore Jenny McCarthy’s bathing suit on the beach just for the fun of it.